Friday, June 23, 2006

JOANA AND LUIS START THEIR INTERNSHIP

Luis Faustino and Joana Malheiro are the first interns our agency receives. Both ended their photography courses at Etic and their work is now starting to be followed by our photographers, who will help them on how to choose their stories, approaching subjects and story angles and editing the body of each work.
Luis is shooting a story about a Lisbon tram line where every weekend, during Summer season, Fado music is played live for tourists and portuguese audience. Trams are overcrowded with public.
He is also following foreign immigrants while they watch World Cup Football matches, or while they work during those matches.
Joana is collecting information on a story about Philippine house-keepers living in Portugal and is also starting to shoot "AmarAmalia" rehearsals, a ballet performance by Portugal's "Companhia Portuguesa de Bailado Contemporaneo", who has captured audiences around the world with their passionate, energetic performances. While celebrating the great fado singer Amalia Rodrigues in "Amaramalia Abandono", the Company had tremendous success on their Broadway shows, as related by "The New York Times":
"The choreographer Vasco Wellenkamp has perfectly captured the untethered yearning of the fado, Portugal's national song, and channeled it into the explosive vigor of the dancers, who roused the audience."
Check our news blog regularly to see posts with Luis and Joana work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does you happen to know the name of this song and who sings it? I've put the English translation, but it is actually a song written and sung in Portuguese. The lyrics in Portugues would be nice too. Thank you.


For seven years you fooled me and left me in darkness. I’ll tell the sun to tell the moon that I will never, never give you my forgiveness.

If someday by chance you end up at my door with a sack in hand. I would give you bread just as I would any other beggar. But I will never, never give you my forgiveness.

If someday by chance you end up behind iron bars, I would visit you just like any other prisoner. But I will never, never give you my forgiveness.

If someday by chance, I see you dead and stretched out in your coffin, I’d give you a kiss and then and only then will I give you my forgiveness